21st Century Car Insurance Review
How Does 21st Century Insurance Work?
21st Century Insurance is well-known to have strong financial strength and a good reputation for offering reliable and effective insurance policies. They have been in the business since 1958, and therefore have garnered vast experience to deliver the best services.
Everything is made easy with its 21st app, AutoPay, and its paperless billing; this keeps you updated on your policy. They also assist users to find the best coverage that suits them coupled with guiding them through the whole process. Though the company has some drawbacks such as failing to cover all your insurance needs, lack of in-person attention, etc. the company has more benefits to suits customer needs.
Asides auto insurance, they also offer other coverage options such as bodily injury, medical payments, property damage, uninsured motorist bodily injury, mechanical breakdown insurance, flood insurance, ATV and motorcycle insurance, boater’s insurance, personal watercraft insurance, and collision.
On 21st Century Secure Website
Better Business Bureau
NAIC Complaint Index
The 21st Century insurance began with just auto insurance; however, its services have been expanded to cover different options.
The Company started with auto insurance and continues till today. They offer multiple coverage options that may fit any situation. They offer two main types of coverage, which include standard liability, which helps to protect you against damage or injury costs, even when you are to blame, and additional coverage that helps in protecting you against costs incurred from non-collision and collision accidents.
- Bodily injury liability: This coverage helps you pay lost income or wages, medical bills, suffering and pain, and funeral expenses, where necessary
- Property damage liability: 21st Century steps in to cover repair expenses on a person’s property or vehicle if you are responsible for the accident.
- Bodily injury: There are different coverage levels available for Policyholders to choose from; from the minimum to the highest per incident at $1 million.
- Medical payments: The quoting system of the company permits the selection of medical payments coverage to $10,000; higher limits will only be made available when you call the company
- Property damage: Here, the starting point is also the legal state minimum, with the increase able to rise to $200,000.
- Uninsured motorist bodily injury: The Company allows customers to buy this coverage up to the liability coverage of bodily injury carried on the policy.
- Collision: Collision coverage allows you to choose a deductible, which ranges from $50 to $1000.
How to Get a Quote
Step 1: Visit www.21st.com to get a quote
Step 2: Locate ‘Start your Quote’ and then enter your zip code in the space provided. Let’s say you are from California with zip code 94203.
Step 3: Fill in your details in the space provided: Your first name, middle initial (optional), last name, home address (no P.O boxes), Apartment (optional), your city, verify your mailing address, date of birth, email address, and fill yes or no if you are currently insured or not. When done, click ‘Continue’.
Step 4: The next page appears. Here, you are selecting the vehicles you want insurance for. Fill in the year, make, model, and in some car models, you can be asked for the body style. Then click ‘add to list’.
Step 5: The image of your vehicle type appears, then click ‘Continue’.
Step 6: You will be asked some questions about your vehicle. Fill in the correct information and click ‘Continue’.
Step 7: Here comes the next section ‘Drivers’. Provide the correct details and click ‘continue’.
Step 8: Another page comes up, just fill the necessary information correctly.
Step 9: Wait patiently and you get your full quote based on the insurance coverage you have chosen and the information provided.
How to File a Claim
The Claims department of the 21st Century insurance opens 24/7 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week). Filing a claim can be done through phone by dialing 1-888-244-6163 or online.
After submitting your claim, someone will contact you within a working day, and then put you through the next steps to follow. If required, an appraiser will be assigned within 72 hours.
You can visit any shop you desire for repairs. However, for claims regarding other insurance types, your insurance agent and the adjuster will take you through the process. Visit the company’s website www.21st.com to learn more.
In some areas, the 21st Century performs better than other companies. Here are some advantages as well as some disadvantages:
Its website is very useful for those new to buying insurance as well as inexperienced drivers. Its information center also presents the necessary information on how to save, the claims process, and car insurance.
The company offers good auto insurance rates compared to other auto insurance companies
Compared to others, 21st century has great financial strength to cover you when the need arises.
21st Century Insurance has access to the many resources of Farmers Group (its parent company). Also, they partnered with Foremost Insurance to offer insurance on ATVs and motorcycles.
If you want to buy the auto insurance of this company in other states asides California, depending on your state, you may be directed to Foremost or Farmers. Also, in some states, you will be notified that insurance policies are no longer written there.
The online details of the 21st Century Insurance policy lack lots of details. Also, with its online operation, customers will not have the opportunity to get in-person attention
Though it is normal for insurance companies to ask for a down payment before your policy becomes active, the down payment required by 21st Century insurance may be higher compared to the standard premium.
Its website and mobile app lack some slick features, which can be found in those of some other insurance companies.
Customer Satisfaction Ratings, Financial strength
- A+ on BBB: BBB assigns ratings from A+ (highest) to F (lowest). BB ratings are based on information in BBB files with respect to factors such as business's complaint history with BBB, type of business, time in business, transparent business practices and more.
- NAIC: 3.3 – This score gives insight into actual policyholder sentiments toward their policy provider. The baseline complaint index is set at 1.00, so a company with a complaint ratio of 2 for example, has received two times the national market average of complaints annually.
- A on A.M Best: AM Best uses its rating system to judge the strength of a company’s financial holdings and assets.
Car Insurance Alternatives
Here are our 2 choices of car insurance companies which can use as a great alternative to 21st Century:
Allstate's customer convenience drive, discounts, and a wide range of coverages are probably responsible for its popularity among Americans. Allstate is also famous for its personalized support, and it even offers a customer satisfaction guarantee in terms of its claims process.
You should note, however, that the rates offered by Allstate are somewhat more expensive than the provisions of other top insurers. As long as you meet the requirements to partake of the discounts offered by the company, you will enjoy a more balanced rate with Allstate.
If you're a driver with a clean record, Allstate will treat you with fairly decent rates
Erie insurance has incorporated technology as a crucial aspect of its business strategy. It has achieved this by implementing digitally organized bodies to check any veering off the path of its company’s terms and objectives to create a rich customer experience. The client's safety is of utmost importance, and strict safety measures are put in place to report any suspected attempt to defraud and prevent future attempts.
Erie insurance offers low and discounted prices as well as low premiums. The company provides discounts for seniors, youngers, and safe drivers to keep prices affordable. It has all the expected auto insurance standard plans and extra coverage loaded with various benefits specific to each state. The company has a series of unique extras and discounts which are largely unavailable in other insurance operations.