Table of Contents
Allstate’s customer convenience drive, discounts, and a wide range of coverages are probably responsible for its popularity among Americans. Allstate is also famous for its personalized support, and it even offers a customer satisfaction guarantee in terms of its claims process.
You should note, however, that the rates offered by Allstate are somewhat more expensive than the provisions of other top insurers. As long as you meet the requirements to partake of the discounts offered by the company, you will enjoy a more balanced rate with Allstate.
If you’re a driver with a clean record, Allstate will treat you with fairly decent rates, but if you have a spotty motoring history, you will do well to look for another insurer. Older drivers will also enjoy much lower rates than younger motorists with Allstate.
Allstate car insurance is one of the most well-known auto policy providers in the US, and its services are available in all 50 states of the country, including Washington DC.
Allstate offers more than the regular coverage options in its list of standard products. Here are the advertised primary policy packages:
- Collision coverage: Pays for damages to your car as a result of an accident or any other collision.
- Comprehensive coverage: Covers the cost of fixing damages done to your car due to theft, vandalism, fire, hail, and more.
- Liability coverage: Pays for any expenses pertaining to property damage, bodily injury, or death of others for an accident you caused.
- Medical payments coverage: Pays for the hospital treatment for you and your passengers when hurt in a loss.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage: Foots the bills if the at-fault motorist has limited or no insurance.
- Sound system insurance: Pays for damaged or stolen audio and video car equipment.
- Roadside coverage: Pays for common roadside services like jumpstarting, or tire changing.
- Personal Injury Protection: Foots the bills for treating sustained injuries in an accident.
- Personal umbrella policy: Protects you against any incident that is not covered in your auto policy.
- Rental reimbursement coverage: Pays for renting another car or transportation costs while your insured vehicle is undergoing repairs.
- Rideshare insurance: Covers for some gaps when you use your car for ride-sharing services.
- Claims satisfaction guarantee: Get your money back if you’re not satisfied with your claim experience.
- Drivewise: App that tracks safe driving and rewards you accordingly.
- Allstate rewards: Earn points for good driving habits and exchange the said points for gift cards, designers, etc.
- Deductible reward: Get $100 removed from your deductibles for every accident-free year – up to $500
- New car replacement: In the event of a total loss, you get a new car by Allstate if your vehicle is less than two years old.
- Accident forgiveness: Your at-fault accident won’t increase your rates.
- Safe driving bonus: Allstate gives you a bonus every six months you are accident-free.
How to Get a Quote
Visit the Allstate website and click on “Get a Quote” on the navigation bar. Select “Auto” in the list and type in your zip code on the next page. Fill in personal details about you on the subsequent pages and keep clicking ”Next” when you finish filling the forms.
Then you will enter details about your car and click on “Add Vehicle” when you finish. On the next page, you will give Allstate more information about the car, such as when you got the vehicle.
Next, you’ll tell Allstate more about yourself and any other drivers you want to add to your policy.
Then you will be taken to a discount page, where you’ll be shown the discount Allstate offers you based on the information you provided. After that, click on “Next”, and your quote will appear.
How to File a Claim
You can file claims via the Allstate Mobile app or by visiting the company’s website. On the site, click on “Claims” then “File a Claim” on the navigation bar.
On the next page, you will be required to log in to your account to continue the claims process. Once logged in, follow the prompts and submit all the required information such as details about the incident, contact information of involved parties, etc.
When you’re done, you’ll be given a Claim Number that you can use to track your claim.
Here are some advantages as well as some disadvantages of Allstate car insurance:
Encourages safe driving
Allstate offers discounts and products that reward drivers for driving safely, such as the Safe Driving Club and Drivewise.
Personalized customer support
You can rest assured that Allstate will assign a dedicated insurance agent to you whenever you need one.
Wide array of coverages
Allstate provides its clients with a lot more coverage options and extras than what many other insurers offer.
Lots of discounts
You get to enjoy many money-saving opportunities with this auto insurer.
Claims satisfaction guarantee
Allstate will return your money if you are not satisfied with its claims process.
Allstate’s quote prices are slightly higher than other leading coverage providers.
Average customer service
Despite the fact that it offers a claims customer satisfaction guarantee and a personalized service, this provider doesn’t seem to be doing so well in the customer service department.
Some standard discounts are missing
While many other top insurers will give you discounts for covering multiple vehicles, being a homeowner, or serving in the military, Allstate doesn’t offer you savings for these reasons.
Customer Satisfaction Ratings, Financial strength
|Customer satisfaction||Better Business Bureau Consumer complaint rating||A+||Better Business Bureau|
|Customer satisfaction||JD Power customer satisfaction score||858/1000||Bank Rate|
|Financial strength||A.M. Best financial strength rating||A+ (Superior)||Yahoo Finance|
|Financial strength||Standard & Poor’s (S&P)||AA-||S&P Global|
|Customer satisfaction||NAIC complaint index||Excellent||The Zebra|
Auto Insurance Discounts
|Discount||How do you receive it?|
|New car||Insure a new vehicle and be its first owner.|
|Anti-lock brake||Your automobile must be equipped with anti-lock brakes.|
|Anti-theft device||Install anti-theft equipment in your vehicle.|
|Multiple policies||Bundle two or more policies with Allstate.|
|Early Signing||Sign your insurance policy seven or more days before it takes effect.|
|Responsible payer||Do not receive a cancellation notice because of non-payment in the previous year.|
|Smart student||Be unmarried, under 25 years old and · maintain a B- grade or GPA of 2.7 and up, · complete teenSMART driver education program, or · your school must be at least 100 miles away from where your vehicle is stored.|
|EZ pay plan||Sign up for automatic policy payment.|
|Allstate eSmart||Go paperless|
|FullPay||Pay your premium at once|
|Safe Driving Club||Meet safe driving requirements and join the club.|
Car Insurance Alternatives
Here are our 2 choices of car insurance companies which can use as a great alternative to Allstate:
The Liberty Mutual Insurance Auto policy is known for its affordable coverage prices and numerous discounts; this may be why it has a sixth-place largest insurer ranking. It provides several coverage options to select from, for you, for others, and your automobile. Some of the packages are standard benefits that come with the policy, while some are additions for a price. This coverage includes vehicle, liability, medical, uninsured driver, car replacement, and reimbursement. Soldiers and school students are entitled to some discounted packages, as are cars and driving methods.
This operator gives a close to maximum coverage for your car needs for a relatively low price. Compared to many other insurance companies, Liberty Mutual has a relatively standard customer care satisfaction ranking higher than its competitors.
You can take advantage of quite a lot of bundling options with Nationwide that you won’t easily find with other insurance firms. Nationwide is great for you if you have a spotless driving record as you will be treated to some of the cheapest rates available. However, if your driving history has some blemish, you might want to look elsewhere for coverage. Seniors will find this company more appealing than youngers as rates tend to get cheaper the older you get.